Saturday, March 2, 2013

MFB QAL

it is 1:35 in the morning and I could have kept quilting for another two hours, but I decided to be a responsible adult and go to bed. my goal for today was to complete a wonky star block from the blog fiber of all sorts--the most recent block for my favorite block quilt-a-long, and the only one I haven't yet made. and I did!

wonk wonk

but I didn't stop there. I decided it might be time to add a little grey into my quilt. and I found a terrific grey cuckoo clock print from pink castle fabrics in my stash.

it's the one draped over the chair in the foreground


i am also digging the star theme tonight, so I went to town on four small "road to oklahoma" blocks (you can find the link with instructions here on amy's creative side) which I am planning to place together in such a way that they will form a nice bright white star in the middle:


well, i looked at the clock when i was done cutting all that out, and noticed it was already 0100. i thought i'd better just leave it at that, but then the sewing machine started calling my name, and i ended up doing a little tiny piecing before calling it a night. here's what I have done so far:

the block for the top left corner


                                                                          and this

i love assembly line piecing!



and now i am officially BEAT. good night!

1 comment: